2020 Jeep Gladiator: A Sneak Peek
For years Jeep has been teasing us with the possibility of a diesel powered Wrangler based pickup truck. The earliest was the Gladiator Concept at the 2005 Chicago Auto Show.
With the release of the JL, Jeep also confirmed that they were in fact working on a truck to be released as a 2019 or 2020 model, and according to Jeep Gladiator Forums, it looks like this may be may finally be happening! The Jeep Gladiator will be unveiled officially at the 2019 LA Auto Show as well as a 3.0 EcoDiesel engine!
Official pictures and a spec sheet for the 2020 Jeep Gladiator supposedly made an appearance on FCA’s public media website but were quickly removed. Luckily, someone at Jeep Gladiator Forums managed to snag them first.
Like its JL cousin, the Gladiator is all about off-road capability. However, these leaked specs also suggest there is a strong emphasis on utility.
Jeep Gladiator Specs
Legendary 4x4 capability, authentic design builds on rich Jeep truck heritage, best-in-class towing and 4x4 payload. Clever functionality and versatility, advanced fuel-efficient powertrains, open-air freedom, and loaded with safety features and intuitive technology.
- Unmatched capability with Command-Trac and Rock-Trac 4x4 systems, third-generation Dana 44 axles, Tru-Lock electric front and rear axle lockers, Trac-Lok limited-slip differential, segment-exclusive sway-bar disconnect and 33” off-road tires.
- Unmatched crawl ratios
- Up to 30” of water fording
- Best-in-class towing and 4x4 payload:
- Up to 7,650 pounds of towing capacity
- Up to 1,600 pounds of payload capacity
- Crew cab configuration features a durable five-foot steel bed with covered external power source and strong integrated tie-downs, providing versatility for flexible cargo options
- Modern, authentic design instantly recognizable as a Jeep:
- Iconic keystone-shaped grille, round headlamps and square tail lamps
- Rugged-yet-distinguished design bolsters aerodynamics
- Convenient fold-down windshield for off-road purists
- The only true open-air 4x4 pickup truck with easy-to-use premium soft top and two hardtops
- Dozens of different door, top, and windshield combinations
- Lightweight, high-strength aluminum doors, hinges, hood, fenders, windshield frame and tailgate help curtail weight and boost fuel economy
- Suspension tuned to optimize on-road handling and ride comfort without sacrificing off-road capability, payload or towing capability
Scrambler Squad has been dreaming up ideas about what the modified Jeep Gladiator could look like:
Give this article some love!